What is Hemp Seed Oil?
Organic Hemp Seed Oil Key Points:
- 100% organic, Soil Association Certified
- 100% raw and cold-pressed
- The perfect ratio of omegas 3 & 6, with some 9 too!
- Contains all the essential amino acids and fatty acids
- Is the most complete protein to be found in the vegetable kingdom
- Vegan superfood- a great alternative to supplements made of fish
- Deliciously edible, nutty earthy flavour, so many recipes to create!
- Great for the skin & hair too with vitamin E
- Small batch & fresh produce
- Not for profit
- 100% British Isles Agriculture, grown & produced – supporting farmers
- Made in the UK by our worker co-operative, members of Co-op UK
- Members of Land Workers Alliance to create a better food and land-use system for everyone.
- This packaging is completely recyclable or reusable, we strive to fond the best eco packaging possible!
|Energy||889 kcal /3655 kJ|
|Fat Of which saturates Of which monounsaturates Of which polyunsaturates Of which Omega-3 Of which Omega-6||97.7g 9.45g 10.10g 73.74g 17.7g 57.9g|
|Carbohydrates Of which sugars||2.26g <0.1g|
Hemp Seed Oil for health?And within that hemp oil… There are so many wonderful things. Hemp seeds are full of essential fatty acids that are not produced by the body, including omega-6 and omega-3 in the optimal ratio of 3:1. There’s even some omega-9 in there too. Hemp oil actually contains more Omega 3 and 6 than fish oil, so it’s great for those on a vegan diet or anyone who prefers an alternative to cod liver oil, it’s also lower in saturated fat than other plant-based oils. It’s packed with vitamins A, B, C and E, as well as carotene (an antioxidant). This means it’s as good for the outside of you, as a moisturiser, as it is for the inside of you. It also contains things called phytosterols, phospholipids and minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, zinc and folate. Chlorophyll gives the oil its light green colour, which has been shown to have antioxidant properties.
How do I use it?
This oil has a distinctive rich nutty flavour, perfect on its own in fact! As it’s a raw product it’s best poured over any dish, or over warm meals rather than adding whilst on the heat. You can also take a teaspoon or two a day for an easy way to get all the nutritional benefits. The oil is equally wonderful as a moisturiser – it’s multi-purpose!
Find ways to incorporate this oil into any dish as a flavour enhancer, use it in sauces, dips like hummus, pesto or marinades. It’s especially great in a salad dressing or even smoothies! It’s also a great alternative to olive oil, butter and spreads. To note – Don’t fry with it! Heating the oil above 120 °C will affect all the good things inside it. Hence, why the oil is cold-pressed, raw and extra virgin, keep hold of all its nutrients by not adding heat, though it’s great poured over hot meals.