Safer Spaces Agreement
We agree not to use physical violence or carry weapons; make threats of physical violence; harass anyone by violating their dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, humiliating or offensive environment
We agree not to discriminate against anyone because of their ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexuality, age, income, disability, immigration status, or belief.
Consideration for others
We agree not to have aggressive arguments on site; touch someone or enter their personal space without their consent.
We agree not to be intoxicated whilst working and not be intoxicated in a way that disconnects us from others or causes disruption when not working.
Providing safe and welcoming spaces is everyone’s responsibility.
- Challenge negative behaviours
- Report negative behaviours to a co-op member
- Act as a community
What you can do:
- Treat each other with respect.
- Challenge offensive or aggressive behaviours. Tackling oppression is hard work and it is not the responsibility of a victim of oppression to ‘fix’ the behaviour of the oppressor. We take collective responsibility for a safer space.
- Try to challenge attitudes and behaviours in a way that is respectful and constructive whilst ensuring that one person can not make the site unsafe for another.
- Be willing to reflect upon our behaviour and learn how we can make it less oppressive to others.
- Engage in conflict resolution and mediation to resolve our disputes .
We are all imperfect and ask of each other a willingness to continue to learn and to improve ourselves and our community from within. When looking at the actions of others we will try to assume goodwill and that we all want to be happy and to make Hempen a healthy place to live and work.